Do you have difficulty controlling your weight?
Explore the hotspots on the body to learn about how diabetes affects the heart.
Do you experience any of these symptoms?
- Pay close attention to your blood sugar. The better you are at keeping your blood sugar in range, the more success you will have in achieving all of your goals for managing diabetes.
- One of the best things you can do for your heart and for diabetes is to keep your weight under control. Diet and exercise are your keys to success.
- Try to always eat foods low in salt. Fruits and veggies of course! Avoid fast foods and processed foods as much as possible.
- Make sure you are aware of your cholesterol levels. Don’t miss taking any medications your doctor has prescribed for managing cholesterol.
- Talk to your doctor about your risk for heart disease.